SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Data Transfer Solutions Group as a GIS Analyst.
Under supervision, performs standard geographic information system (GIS) work while developing professional proficiency.
Generally, applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified. GIS tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning. Can detect problems in using standardized procedures due to changes in client needs or project direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. or B.A. or M.S. in Geography, Computer Science or GIS related Environmental Discipline commensurate with hiring discipline. This level may be achieved by GIS practitioners with 2 years of experience since Bachelor’s degree or 1 year since Master’s. Typical incumbent has 4 -5 years’ experience
- 2+ years of related work experience or a Master’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency with latest versions of ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS for Server
- Competency with ArcPy API
- Experience with Python, SQL, ModelBuilder, ArcSDE
- Demonstrated ability to publish and manage map, feature and geo-processing services using ArcCatalog and ArcGIS Server Manager
- Interest in solving spatial problems using python scripts, models, etc.
- Python scripting
- Strong math skills
- Solid data management skills
- Exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills
- Proven resourcefulness